Monday 1 March 2010

Celebration Time!


I had a great time visiting my friend Laura in Edinburgh this weekend celebrating
a) the completion of my first English novel Replacing Angel
b) my 28th birthday

Two good reasons to drink absinthe ... (and absinthe also features in my novel :).


We didn't spend the whole weekend drinking though ... We had vegetarian Haggis at Henderson's, admired installations at National Gallery of Modern art, danced to punk & rock at Studio 24, and went for a snowy walk in the Pentland Hills outside Bonaly. It was great to have a proper holiday, feeling very free now that I've sent off Replacing Angel.


Laura is also a writer and one of the people who has given me feedback on Replacing Angel, so she was the right person to celebrate with! Not sure how much she enjoyed the snow trudging though ...

BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR BIRTHDAY CARDS, TEXTS, FACEBOOK MESSAGES ETC. I'm happy to know so many great people.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Bionaly - out towards where my Mum lives. Hope you had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete