Sunday 13 June 2010

Guns N' Roses Sweden Rock Festival 2010

I first heard Guns N' Roses when I was 11, back in 1993. A guy in my class at school played Paradise City at a music lesson and it changed my life. The simple refrain "Take me down to the paradise city
where the grass is green and the girls are pretty"
stirred something inside me. I started dreaming of a better life, of getting away from my small town and find my own Paradise City. And I did find it years later. In Brighton.

When W. Axl Rose got on stage last night at Sweden Rock Festival I was exstatic, and when he sat down at the piano playing November Rain I was almost in tears. It didn't matter that he was 50 min late, arriving in a helicopter. I could forgive Axl for anything at that moment ... Waiting in the cold June rain was worth it!

For the past few years I haven't listened that much to GN'R, but being at the concert brought back so many memories. I have memories to every single song. (Even the new ones, as Chinese Democracy was my soundtrack when I travelled in New Zealand.)

There's so much energy, so much attitude, so many feelings ... I still love Axl Rose!

PS. I also got the title for my Swedish novel from Guns N'Roses as somebody once described their music as "punk industrial hard rock with attitude"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08jCj4ikkU

No comments:

Post a Comment