Friday 18 September 2009

When dreams come true



In 2006 I did the self-study course The Artist's Way. One of the tasks was to visualise your dream and then make a collage of that dream. At the time I had not yet sent off the manuscript of my novel to publishers. My dream was to walk into the famous paperback shop at Stockholm Central Station and see my book, Punkindustriell hårdrockare med attityd, on the shelf. (The figure in the middle of the collage is actually me.) In addition to this I'd be wearing a big backpack and a laptop, on my way back from some big adventure ... (At the time I didn't know I was going to Thailand for 5 months and I didn't own a laptop.)



In 2009 (exactly a week ago) on my way back from a successful summer in England (and before that my trip to New Zealand) with backpack on my back and laptop in my hand I walked into the paperback shop at Stockholm Central Station and found my book on the shelf ...

It was a magical moment. It made me tearful. I walked into the exact picture that I'd visualised.

When I told my family they sort of laughed and said "how come you're so weird?" For me this is just evidence of the law of attraction and that you get more of what you focus on in life. If you want your dreams to come true you have to believe that they can come true and do a lot of mental work as well as REAL work ...

2 comments:

  1. Right on Louise - visualisation bringing the world to you xx Not weird - just the power of the positive - the sooo important'believe in yourself' thing..... Yea it's sometimes a tad hard to keep going when the chips are down but that's when good friends are so good to have around as they help us along. Staying positive, thanks to my friends xxx Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story - and I'm not at all surprised your dream came true, because you worked hard to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete